Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Microsoft Office 2007

I just recently loaded Microsoft Office 2007 on my laptop. Until now, I have used Office 97 and Office 2000. But more and more I am receiving documents in the new Word 2007 and Excel 2007 formats, and PowerPoint 2007 seems to be light years ahead of PowerPoint 2000, so I needed to upgrade.

My first impressions are that I like it. The new menus take a little bit getting used to, but customization is pretty easy. It may only be my imagination, but Office 2007 seems a little faster than either Office 97 or 2000. I have not really used Outlook since the days of Outlook 98, but the new version seems a bit better.

A couple of interesting looking programs included in the Office 2007 Enterprise package are Publisher and OneNote. They have both been around for awhile, but I know very little about either and am looking forward to playing with them a little.

I'll keep you posted on how this goes.

By the way, if you don't feel like coughing up the price tag for Microsoft Office, try OpenOffice 3.0. It is absolutely free. It will open earlier version Microsoft Office formats (I don't know about Office 2007 formats). It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Microsoft Office 2007, but for the price-free-you can't beat it.

No comments: