Monday, November 10, 2008

An Early Christmas

Anyone already in the "Christmas Spirit" yet?

I sort of thought I was, until last week we were in Wal-Mart and they were playing Christmas songs thru the "Musak" or whatever. I definitely realized it was too early. Of course, it was 75 degrees and sunshine outside, and I can't get in to the Christmas mood when I'm in short sleeves and wiping sweat (eeewwww!)

Speaking of Christmas music, there is a web site I discovered a couple years ago. The site is Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music. Every year, this guy posts a list of some of his favorite Christmas songs, and also puts inks to mp3 files which can be downloaded and transferred to your favorite media device. Each year has a specific theme. For example, 2007 featured Christmas music by big band/swing band artists. 2005 had a theme of Christmas oldies. 2003 featured songs from televisions shows and specials. As November draws to a close, keep watch out on his site and he'll start the list for 2008. I haven't seen a theme yet, but you can be sure I'll check it out. I'll post the exact link when he's up and running.

No comments: